As many of you know, Garrett has been in speech therapy for some time, and just this week, he passed his speech evaluation!! We are so proud of him – his speech is that of a typical child his age!! So of course I was excited when Garrett tried to sing “Happy Birthday” to Noah! This isn’t the best video of what he can do, but I thought it was cute because he was so caught up in his iPod while singing. He’s into the gadgets for sure
While I haven’t been keeping up with the blog lately, I did keep up with our birthday tradition of asking 20 questions to the birthday boy. I asked Noah these questions while we were out for his birthday lunch. It’s cute to see his favorite color and future aspirations of driving a digger haven’t changed over the years!
- What is your favorite color? Blue
- What is your favorite toy? Diggers
- What is your favorite fruit? Grapes
- What is your favorite TV show? Paw Patrol (a new show on Nick – “No job is too big, no pup is too small”)
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets (we were at CFA when I asked him these questions )
- What is your favorite outfit? Glow-in-the-dark shirt from Nana and running pants or PJs
- What is your favorite game? Xbox Kinect
- What is your favorite snack? Wheat thins and peanut butter
- What is your favorite animal? Elephant
- What is your favorite song? “Your Love for Me” (from Children’s Church)
- What is your favorite book? Busytown
- Who is your best friend? Landon W.
- What is your favorite cereal? “Crack snapple pop” (Rice Krispies)
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Snow Mountain
- What is your favorite drink? Chocolate milk
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Lovey
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Krispy Kreme donuts
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Golden Corral
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Digger driver
Oh, Noah, how have six years passed so quickly? Daddy and I love to see you grow and change every day. You are such a bright spot in our lives, and we love you so much! Happy Birthday!
Shortly after Noah lost his first tooth, he lost another! And then it was time for his routine trip to the dentist as well as Garrett’s first visit. Dr. K looked at Noah’s x-rays and said the tooth fairy had better be saving her money because she’s going to be giving a lot of it to Noah in the near future!
Garrett also did very well for his exam, although I was holding him, so no pictures.
Keep brushing – see you in six months!
In April, Noah discovered he was starting to have some really wiggly teeth!
(It wasn’t ready yet!)
Then on Sunday, April 21st, Noah bit into a piece of cantaloupe after church and discovered that he lost the tooth!! Yes, he LOST the tooth – swallowed it with the cantaloupe!
I had heard a story that children typically lose teeth in the order they come in as babies. I don’t know whether that’s true or not, but I do know this was the first tooth that Noah got as a baby!
Before long, he would lose his second bottom front tooth with four more loose teeth ready to come out!! I see many more visits from the tooth fairy in our future!!
If you have read this blog at all, you probably knew this was coming…we had so much fun at Stone Mountain Park last summer that we decided to renew our membership this year! We were excited that friends of ours were members as well, so early spring we headed to Stone Mountain as a group.
All last year, Noah wanted to muster up the courage to try the rock wall. This year, with the encouragement of a couple cute girls, he decided to give it a shot!
Noah got a little scared about half way up and decided this would not be the day he made it to the top, but Sophia and Ella Rae reassured him, “We thought you did a real good job, Noah!”. Sweet girls!
Noah really liked Stone Mountain with friends. Our next visit was just our family, but every bit as fun!
On this visit, we also saw a Wildlife Wonders Animal Baby show. The boys liked seeing all the baby animals, and even petting some of them!!
Lots of cool things going on in the spring at Stone Mountain. Just wait until Summer!!